Safe Voices confidential support groups provide a safe place to listen and talk with others who have experienced domestic violence in their lives. Attending a support group can help you understand the pain of living with domestic abuse in a supportive, encouraging and non-judgmental environment. All groups are facilitated by trained domestic violence victim's advocates who are here to offer information, emotional support and referrals to other resources and support as you make the choices you feel are best for you.
Safe Voices offers a wide variety of confidential support groups throughout Androscoggin, Franklin and Oxford Counties for individuals who have experienced abuse in a relationship. Some of our groups are open to new members at any time while others are closed once the secession has begun. All groups are offered free of charge. The groups include:
- Adult women’s drop-in group
- Adult women’s closed support group
- Adult Men’s closed support group
- Family support group (for non-offending parent and child/children who have been exposed to domestic violence)
- College based support group
- Trauma Recovery Empowerment Model Groups (TREM)
- Ongoing support group for residents of our shelter All group locations, names and stories of group members are completely confidential.
All group locations, names and stories of group members are completely confidential. For more information about the time and location of the support groups please call your local office:
Rumford: (207) 369-0750
Franklin: (207) 778-6107