WE WILL REMOVE ALL POSTINGS WHEN FILLED. IF IT IS LISTED HERE, THE POSITION IS STILL OPEN AND ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.
Safe Voices is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry or national origin, color, sex, immigration status, age, religion, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Child Protective Services Liaison
Safe Voices is seeking a dynamic, creative, and engaging individual to fill the full-time role of Child Protective Services Liaison. This position requires a highly motivated, professional team player with knowledge of domestic violence and excellent communication skills. This position is based in the Department of Health and Human Services, with time spent in all of the Safe Voices offices.
Primary role: The Child Protective Services Liaison is responsible for improving and strengthening relationships between Safe Voices and the Department of Health and Human Services Child Protective Services in an effort to overcome and address the problems of domestic violence, provide support for the non-offending parent, address dating violence and child victimization.
- The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, thrive working independently, as well as part of many multidisciplinary teams.
- Applicants should have excellent time management skills, ability to navigate complex crisis situations, and knowledge advocacy services.
- Experience in crisis and/or other human or advocacy services preferred.
- Knowledge of domestic violence advocacy and the Maine child protective system preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate directly and effectively in potentially difficult situations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social services or related field from an accredited four (4) year institution. Experience in lieu of a bachelor's degree will be considered.
- The candidate must have reliable transportation and possess a valid Maine Driver’s License.
While direct experience in the field is preferred, Safe Voices will train the right candidate regardless of professional experience.
Safe Voices is proud to offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes group health, dental and vision coverage, employer-sponsored health savings, life and short term disability coverage, 401(k) retirement savings, and paid time-off benefits, including 11 paid holidays. Starting wage for this position is $17/hour. Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Sexual Exploitation and Trafficking Safe House Awake Night Advocate (Part-Time, 3 Consecutive Days To Be Negotiated)
Safe Voices Domestic Violence Resource Center is seeking a dynamic and engaging individual to fill the part-time role of Sexual Exploitation and Trafficking Safe House Awake Night Advocate. The position is based in Androscoggin County.
Primary Role: The Sexual Exploitation and Trafficking Safe House Awake Night Advocate is responsible for assisting with the overnight safe house operations and programming of the safe house while providing advocacy services to survivors of sex trafficking and exploitation receiving safe house shelter services through Safe Voices. Primary responsibilities include individual advocacy with victims of sex trafficking and exploitation, assisting with the overnight operations of the safe house including: individualized assessments, emergency intakes, meeting resident needs within the communal living environment, monitoring and restocking food supplies, organizing donations, assisting with internal office procedures and tasks, and monitoring the maintenance of shelter as assigned.
- Qualified candidates must be able to demonstrate knowledge of issues faced by those who experience domestic violence, and human sex trafficking and exploitation.
- This candidate will be able to work independently, have knowledge of community resources, and have professional experience with crisis intervention or techniques.
- The position is located in Androscoggin County with limited travel.
- An Associate’s Degree with a specialization in psychology, mental health and human services, behavioral health, behavioral sciences, social work, human development, special education, counseling, rehabilitation, sociology, nursing or closely related field, or relevant work/life experience required.
Starting wage for this position is $14/hour. Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Overnight Shelter Advocate
A 15-hour a week part time position is available for an Overnight Shelter Advocate at Safe Voices shelter. The Overnight Shelter Advocate is responsible for helpline, advocacy, and shelter operations during overnight shifts. In the absence of attending to shelter related duties or helpline calls, the overnight shelter advocate may sleep in the designated overnight space.
Primary responsibilities include providing coverage on helpline, monitoring shelter to provide a safe and secure atmosphere, monitoring shelter operations, and individual advocacy with shelter residents.
Qualified candidates must have experience working independently and have knowledge of crisis intervention or techniques. The position is located in Androscoggin County. The hours for this position are Saturdays and Sundays 11:00pm-6:30am. Associates Degree preferred. A minimum of 5 years’ experience in related work may be considered. $10/hour. Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Batterers Intervention Program (BIP) Facilitator
Safe Voices, the domestic violence resource center serving Androscoggin, Franklin, and Oxford Counties, is searching for an individual to fill a part time position of Batterers Intervention Program (BIP) Facilitator. The position is 10 hours a week to start, with potential for more hours in the future, and is based in Lewiston but may require some travel. Evening and weekend availability preferred.
The BIP Facilitator is responsible for co-facilitating BIP groups according to the program curriculum, maintaining program standards, and completing appropriate documentation, under the supervision of the BIP Coordinator. This position requires someone who is skilled at group facilitation and is comfortable working with perpetrators of domestic violence. Some knowledge of domestic violence and Batterer Intervention Programs is helpful.
Starting salary is $17 an hour. Send cover letter and resume to Mikki at firstname.lastname@example.org. Safe Voices is an equal opportunity employer.