Safe Voices and COVID-19
In keeping with recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and to encourage social distancing, Safe Voices' offices will be closed and all in-person programs are canceled until further notice.
Support and advocacy services remain available. Below is a list of updates to key services.
- Our Helpline number is 1-800-559-2927.
- Chat services are currently available 8am - 4pm. Click here to enter a session with an advocate.
- All Violence Intervention Program classes are canceled until further notice.
- Support groups have moved online. To get connected, please call our Helpline and ask to speak with one of the advocates below --
- Julie: Tuesday, 10-12 Support Group for Friends and Family of Survivors
- Allyse: Wednesday, 11-12 Survivor Support Group
- Tami: Thursday, 10-11 Survivor Support Group
- Kayla: Friday, 10-11 Survivor Support Group
Community partners looking to connect about meetings, trainings, or events are encouraged to call or email staff and may also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Help During the Pandemic
We are committed to supporting survivors through this difficult period, and we recognize that social distancing is challenging in many ways. For people affected by domestic abuse and violence, social distancing and staying at home may result in more prolonged contact with an abusive partner. It may also be more difficult to access resources and make plans for safety.
Below is a list of our most immediate needs and opportunities to assist survivors. For any other inquiries, please contact Victoria Stanton, director of development and engagement, at email@example.com.
- Monetary Gifts: Giving online is the most immediate and safe way to help. Donations can be made at www.safevoices.org/donate. We are still accepting donations be mail, as well: Safe Voices, PO Box 713, Auburn, ME 04212.
- Gift Cards: Gift cards to Hannaford and Wal-Mart, or gas cards, are portable and can be given to survivors fleeing an abusive situation. Mail to Safe Voices, PO Box 713, Auburn, ME 04212.
- In-Kind Gifts: Due to concerns about transmission of the virus, we cannot accept most in-kind donations at this time. However, we encourage you to visit our Amazon Smile wish list, where your purchase can be shipped directly to one of our sites.
- Volunteer: We are looking for Helpline volunteers to assist with our 24-hour service. Our summer volunteer training will be 100% online. Contact Becca Tinkham, development and engagement coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Get Informed: Join our mailing list to get the latest on the work to end domestic violence locally and across Maine.