The most impactful ways to support Safe Voices and the survivors we work with are:
1. Make a tax-deductible, unrestricted gift through our website at www.safevoices.org/donate or by mailing a contribution to PO Box 713, Auburn, ME 04212.
2. Visit our pantry wish list to re-stock the kitchens at our three shelters and our grab-and-go pantry or our shelter wish list
3. Donate gift cards to Hannaford, Wal-Mart, and area gas stations in various amounts (most common are $10 - $50). Staff are able to give these cards directly to survivors in order to help them meet the immediate needs in their lives.
Please contact us if you have items you would like to donate by calling 207-795-6744 or emailing Emily Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org. Here are some of our common needs:
- Diapers and Wipes -- All Sizes, but particular need for size #4 & #5
- Laundry Soap
- Fabric Softener
- Mattress and Pillow Covers
- Full Size Toiletries (ex shampoo/condition, soap, body wash)
- New Socks
- Hair Elastics and Bobby Pins
- Disposable razors
Disclaimer: We have limited capacity and ask that donors call ahead before bringing items (207-795-6744). Donations that we ultimately cannot use may be donated to another nonprofit. We cannot pick up items from residences.
Things we do not accept include:
- Soiled or unwashed clothing, including clothing from smoking homes
- Broken or rusted items
- Opened/used hygiene items and cosmetics
- Used stuffed animals
- Perishable food items
- Fabric furniture
- Car seats