Individual Advocacy and Support
Safe Voices’ advocates are committed to providing support to those seeking safety from domestic violence, dating violence, human trafficking, and stalking. Each of the outreach offices can provide a secure location for you to have a confidential conversation with someone who can help. Our advocates will take the time to talk with you about your options and help you develop a plan that best fits your needs.
When meeting with an advocate you can expect:
- Compassionate, non-judgmental, confidential support.
- Information, guidance and support for deciding whether or not to report an assault to law enforcement.
- Support and accompaniment during police interviews and/or meetings with the District Attorney’s office.
- Guidance and information about the criminal justice system.
- Information about legal options, including how to obtain orders for Protection from Abuse (PFA) orders
- Connection to local community resources and support networks
- Help creating a personalized safety plan
For more information about our services or to connect with an advocate please call your local office:
Farmington: (207) 778-6107
South Paris: (207) 743-5806
Rumford: (207) 369-0750
Lewiston-Auburn: (207) 795-6744